Friday, August 29, 2008

Ranse's first talk in Sacrament Meeting


O.k. here goes the bragging mom again! Sorry, but I can't resist. Ranse gave his very first talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, August 24th. He's 12 and got up there like an adult with many years of practice. He put the talk together himself and did not share with me what he would be saying except that it would be on service. I completely trust him to say appropriate things and speak from the heart. So, anyway back to Sunday. He got up and shared his thoughts on service and how Jesus was the perfect example of serving others even when you are mistreated. Then he shared the story about the good Samaritan from the scriptures, then wrapped it up in his own words. Then to finish it, he thanked Ranse and I for serving him all the time even though we have hectic schedules, are stressed and argue sometimes. O.K., he could of left that last part out. I think he enjoyed mentioning that because he got a good laugh from everyone. He had overheard Ranse and I going at it on the couch the night before because I wanted to get an ingrown hair off his chin and he did not want me to. Yes, I admit I like to get ingrown hairs and pick pimples. Gross huh?
Anyway, Ranse did an excellent job and made his parents proud!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Shelly, I don't think you are the only one out there like likes to pinch & pluck, beleive me I know quite a few that enjoy it themselves!!!

Also, Ranse did give an excellent talk. I tell you what, he had more confidence then I would - Good Job Ranse!

Ellis Family said...

You mean to tell me he didn't rub the BOM over his chest like his momma? Good thing he has big Ranse as a role model! LOL!

Kori said...

Great post...Could have left out the ingrown hair part.

He's a pro! Galt 2nd Ward today, Conference Center someday... ;-)

Alison Woods said...

Very handsome boy!

The Schroeder Family said...

OK, so between my boys being a little disruptive in the back of the room, from what I could hear, Ranse's talk was wonderful! I agree with Kory. His only hold back from the conference center will be if they do a family background check. Yikes! ;)

The Bennett Family said...

Ranse II is my hero! He is already a spiritual giant in my mind! I really think he set the tone for sacrament. Tell him thanks from the Bennetts!

Hey what do you think of letting Michael come over on Tues? Natalie gets home around 11:20. Call me.