Friday, October 17, 2008

Making memories at Apple Hill

We always pose at Abel's
The kids making their own utters and milking them (every year)
Taylor brought along her friend Jessie(her 1st time to Apple Hill)

We stumbled upon an awesome corn maze on our way home
The men in my life
Our usual photo stop in the pumpkins across from Boa Vista
Making the kids pose (Michael threw in the funny face at the last minute)
Ranse showing how strong he is.


We've been going to Apple Hill every year for the last 5 years. I love to go there in October, maybe it's because I miss the fall in Maine so much and at least going to Apple Hill you have cooler temps. They don't have all the fall colors, but there is so much to do and see in the beautiful outdoors. Last year I threw a fit because of our hectic schedules we did not make it to Apple Hill and boy did my family hear about it all year. Ranse, being the good husband that he is, made sure we set a date to go to Apple Hill. (Let's just say if you throw a big enough fit, you'll eventually get your way) No, just kidding, I feel there are certain traditions you start with your family and no matter what you need to keep them going,and this is one for us!
Anyway, we did our usual stop at Abel's so the kids could pose behind the signs, we hit Boa Vista and got lots of goodies and posed in the pumpkins and then headed up the hill to hit a bunch more stops and pumpkin patches. We bought way too much junk, but boy does it all taste good! Then to top our day off, we stopped at the corn maze in Sloughouse and had a blast trying to find our way out of there, it was huge!!!
It was an awesome day and I believe many memories were made that will last a lifetime. I love my family and am so glad we were able to make it to Apple Hill, thanks Gale!



1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww - I always wanted to go there when I lived in Galt and never went :( You are are too cute! THE UDDERS WERE MY FAV :)