Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving in Maine

My cute nephew, Cohen
Kyle and Ranse loving the first snow

Our family with Nana Boutlier

Kyle, Michael, Taylor, Mallory and Benji

Ms. Snow Angel herself(or should I call her Ms. Eskimo)

My siblings, Eric, myself, Lyndsay and John. We're only missing Missy
Pig Pile on Caleb!!!

Mom, Nana and Aunt Moe

Matt and John

John and his monster dogs, 2 great danes and I can't remember the other one.


After our last trip cross country with three young kids we said we'd never do it again. Between the three kids we had around 12 vomit incidents while on the plane and to top it all off our luggage got lost and didn't arrive to my mom and dads until 3 days later! You're worst nightmare of traveling, well we were living it! I have to say it took us three long years before we could get the courage to try it again and this time we were able to travel vomit free. The kids did great, Michael was excited at first and then somewhere over Colorado he told me he was ready to get off the plane and go back to California. He was done, he no longer wanted to go to Maine. I asked him if he had a parachute, cause that was the only way he was getting off the plane.

While in Maine, Ranse and Lil' Ranse got to go deer hunting the whole first week. It was some good male bonding time. You'll have to ask Ranse about the one that got away..... he'll love me for mentioning that! While the guys were out hunting I enjoyed being lazy and just relaxing. My little sister was there with her six month old and I enjoyed cuddling with him. He's sooooo cute!!!

All of my family gathered at my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. I counted around 40 of us. Most all of my family lives in Maine, it was so great to see everyone.

We took all the cousins to see a movie one night and on the way home we got hit by a beautiful snow storm. I know beautiful is not a word you think of when you think of a storm but, it was! It was dark and these HUGE snowflakes were coming down, I'm talking gigantic snowflakes! As soon as we got to my mom and dads the kids grabbed some gloves and had a snow fight. It was great to see them so excited about the snow.
We had a great trip, it was hard to get back home and get back into the same routine. I'm already looking forward to another vacation.

Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with a house full of people and taking care of us. We love you and can't wait to see you again :)

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Love all the pictures...I'll get mine sent over to you soon. Maybe even tonight. Don't worry your secret is safe with me...I know what else happened during that beautiful snowstorm. hahaha! Love ya Shell and I am sooo glad that we were able to visit with your family in Maine. We miss you already!

shelly said...

Very funny Lyns, I forgot all about "my secret" and surprisingly enough Ranse must have too, because he hasn't told anyone yet!haha. I'm so glad you and Cohen were able to make it home while we were there. We had a blast visiting with you and I miss holding Cohen. Love you guys and hope to see you soon!!!

Tony and Karen said...

Now I am really curious about the "secret", since you both brought it up you have to share. LOL. Well the pictures sure made me homesick for good ole Danforth. I can't believe how much the kids have grown, makes me jealous to see Lil Ranse, playing in a football game. I relate more to football than to dance recitals/competitions. Taylor sure reminds me of Missy and Lyndsay, that Page blood is THICK! Well miss you all and Gale your a sissy!

Tony

shelly said...

O.k. Pete, I don't know if you'll check back to see my comment or not but, here it is. First of all, you can't sign your name as Tony, 'cause we don't know a Tony, we only know a "Pete". Second, you really don't want to know the secret, just use your imagination and I'm sure you'll figure it out!HAAAA Third, Taylor is a spittin' image of Lyndsay. I always get them mixed up whenever we're together. Finally, Gale said to tell you he's not the sissy -you are, cause you probably haven't peed standing up in years with a house full of girls!!!!!HAAAAAA We miss you too, and hope your family has a great Christmas. Wish we all lived closer, we'd have some fun together:)

Ellis Family said...

I KNOW THE SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had to "take a Shelly" didn't you? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see it now! Kids taking pics, Gale trying to open the door while you're holding on to it for leverage (and privacy!) LOL!!!!!! You look great Shell - as always! i love the shirt you're wearing in the siblings pic! Whewre was Missy? Where is the guy with no teeth? Wanna hear about your NYE party! I wish we were there, or you here! MISS YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!