Thursday, December 11, 2008

Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!!

One of the many signs I made for the game. Want a piece of me?
Celebrate, good times, come on!!!

Ranse with Coach Bill and Coach Greg

JV Colts, Super Bowl Champs!

Ranse getting the tackle

Is this Ranse or the lead singer of KISS???

Colts waiting to receive their awards

The coveted trophy

Captains meeting center field
Where do I begin? This was the most AWESOME game of the year!!!! It was the perfect setting, two local teams, one common goal....to win it all! The Galt Colts vs. the Galt Warriors. The Warriors came out on top in their match up earlier in the season. The Colts came into the Superbowl as the underdogs with the heart and desire to win it all. The players and coaches were pumped, along with all the proud parents. This was the match up we all had been waiting for!!
Quick summary, defense for both teams in the first half were evenly matched. Things were looking pretty good. With 12 seconds left in the first half the Warriors were able to pull off a touchdown and go into halftime with a 8-0 lead. You could tell our boys were struggling as they walked off the field for halftime but, they came back in the third fired up. I don't remember all the details but, what I do know, is that we came back and kicked butt and won the game 24-8!!!
I was so excited before this game even started. I had made a gazillion signs for all the family to hold and for other parents. Gale told me I was a fool and that he thought I was crazy. Who goes to their sons Superbowl championship game without a sign? Come on now!!! Anyway, it was the most fun I have had in a long time. I was so proud of Ranse and his team, as was all the parents that were there. We screamed until we lost our voices and we ran up and down the sidelines with the team. Always keep your eyes open while doing this, I almost got trampled over by the varsity boys while I was running and screaming like a fool and not paying any attention to who was behind me. This was a night we'll always remember :)
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!









2 comments:

Ellis Family said...

WOW! Ok, first of all - bout time you blogged something! Second of all, LOVE the new pic of you and Ranse! Third......CONGRATS!!!!!!! What an exciting post! I was excited just reading it and looking at the pics! I love how you took the one of Ranse and the trophy down low to make them look HUGE! Nice work! ALso, like the black and white touch with Ranse in blue and the "other guy" in red! You are a crafty little thing! If foorball doesn't work out, Ranse could do a Kiss cover band gig? LOL MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

thats so exciting! I know we don't see eachother too often so maybe it's just me, but your kids are old now. I mean, they're not little kids anymore. so, ya gonna have another one any time soon? hee hee hee!